Lost some data? Maybe it's not so lost after all. Our data recovery service can retrieve data in a variety of circumstances:
- the data was in a file that has been deleted
- the data is in a database that no longer works
- the data is in a file you cannot open
- the data is on a file system or partition you can no longer access
- the data is on a corrupted hard disk, floppy disk, CD or DVD
- the data is on a computer/laptop that doesn't work
- the data is behind a password you don't have
- the data is on old media or hardware that is incompatible with your current systems
- the data is on an old computer/laptop with no network ports and/or broken floppy drive
Yes, we can even recover data from Novell Netware volumes!
We charge very reasonable rates (see below), unlike some recovery companies that charge astronomical amounts per megabyte. However unlike some of those same companies, we cannot offer a "cleanroom" recovery service in the case of a hard disk with a mechanical fault. Although, we have recovered data off faulty hard disks before ...
Call us if you have a data recovery problem. We can give you an expert opinion over the phone, visit your premises if required, and work through the recovery in our lab. We can email recovered data back to you, or make it available via FTP.
Note: if you have lost some data, you should not use the machine until it is recovered. The more you use the machine, the less chance your data will be recovered correctly.
Rates, fees and charges
- Our rate is £70/hour.
- Our minimum charge is 1 hour.
- We bill in half-hour intervals - this means, for example, that you won't need to pay for a full hour if you only use 15 minutes.
- We do not charge call-out fees, unless you request same-day service.
- The after-hours rate is applicable outside the hours of 09:00 to 18:00 GMT, or on weekends or public holidays.
- Support provided remotely is charged at the same hourly rate as work provided onsite.
- If you request that work should be commenced on the same day you order the work, an Emergency Call-out Fee may be charged.
Discounts may be available for larger projects.
Note: if you send us hardware, you are responsible for shipping costs, in both directions.