• login anytime, anyplace! (internet connection required)
• simple to install and use
• state-of-the-art security
• no ongoing license or subscription fees or user limits (unix servers only)
• add users for just £50/user
Virtual Private Networks (VPNs)
VPNs can boost the productivity of your staff and the efficiency of your business, with subsequent positive effects on your bottom line. They allow staff to connect to the company network from a remote location, via the internet. Staff are able to see and use their computer as if they were sitting in front of it. They can read and reply to emails, edit spreadsheets, access company databases, even browse the web.
VPNs can accomodate the needs of home-workers, part-timers, telecommuters, mobile staff and support staff. They also permit key employees to login after hours and at weekends.
VPNs can also help your company achieve its green goals, by reducing journeys by staff and their contribution to pollution and congestion.
|VPNs - pricing chart|
|extra user added to existing SSH2 server||£50/user *|
|SSH2 server software install and configure - unix||£99|
|SSH2 server software install and configure - Windows||£199|
|SSH2 server software and hardware install and configure - unix||£499 **|
|SSH2 server software and hardware install and configure - Windows||£749 **|
The following notes apply:
- Our unix servers run FreeBSD. Our Windows servers run Windows Server 2003.
- Pricing is for installation and configuration only - it does not include SSH server software or hardware.
- The VPN server must be located on your premises, inside your firewall, and connected to your network.
- Windows 9x/2K/XP/Vista and unix clients only. OSX clients should be able to connect, but this is not supported.
- The VPN will require a live broadband connection with adequate bandwidth (256kbit minimum uplink speed).
- Our unix servers impose no limit on the number of users able to connect. However, hardware or bandwidth restrictions may impose a practical limit.
- * Per/user pricing is a one-off fee. Includes onsite software install and installation kit.
- ** These prices include installation and configuration of the hardware, operating system and SSH2 server software.